Sorrel leaves lentil curry made in Andhra style
- Category: Andhra Recipes, Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 2 cups Gongura leaves, washed chopped
- 1/4 cup Tur dal
- 2 tablespoons Raw peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 Red chillies
- 3 Green chillies
- 4 Garlic minced
- Salt as needed
- Pressure cook dal along with turmeric powder and peanuts.
- Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chillies, onions and garlic in hot oil.
- Add to this temper gongura leaves, salt and turmeric powder.
- Add to this pressure cooked dal. Adjust water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.