Idli upma is a healthy snack prepared with left over idlis from breakfast. It is a quick and easy to make recipe and kids love it.
- Category: Malayali Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 10 idlis, roughly chopped
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 3 green chillies, round cut
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 2 teaspoons sambar powder
- 1 tablespoon idli milagu podi
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and chana dal.
- Add onion, ginger, green chilli, salt and saute until the onion is lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook until it becomes mushy.
- Add sambar powder and mix well.
- Add idlis, cover the pan & cook for a minute.
- Adjust taste with lime juice and idli milagu podi. Mix well.
- Serve idli upma warm with tea or coffee.