Malpude/ malpua are crispy fried pancakes with soft center, dunked in sugar syrup and garnished with nuts. It is a delicious dessert often cooked during special occasions.
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- pinch baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar, for batter
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, slightly crushed
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut powder
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- ghee, for frying
- 1 cup granulated white sugar, for syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Few saffron strands
- 4 green cardamoms
- Nuts for garnishing
- Make the sugar syrup of single string consistency by heating sugar with 1/2 water in a pan on medium heat. Add crushed cardamom pods, safrron strands and lemon juice during the process. Keep aside.
- Mix together flour, milk powder, desiccated coconut, crushed fennel seeds, sugar, pinch of salt, pinch of baking powder and milk to make a smooth malpua batter. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee. Deep fry a small ladle full of batter till golden brown on both sides.
- Dip the malpua in prepared sugar syrup. Soak each side for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with nuts and serve Malpua warm