Sabudana thalipeeth areTypical Marathi snack, flatbread from Sago pearls, mashed potatoes, ground peanuts and spices. Sabudana thalipeeth is made for religious fasting / upwas or vrat
- 1 cup sabudana (sago pearls), soaked in water
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 fresh green chilli, minced
- handful of minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Drain sabudana. Knead it with potatoes, peanuts, cumin seeds, green chillies, cilantro, sugar and salt to soft dough.
- Spread a portion of dough on flat plastic surface with damp fingers.
- Carefully place it over hot tawa. Grease with oil on both sides. Cook on both sides.
- Serve Sabudana Thalipeeth with tamarind chutney