Nachani Ukad Pindi
Ukad pindi / Ukerpindi is a filling option for breakfast or lunch. Nachani ukad pindi is steamed nachani flour cooked along with spices and herb.
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
- 1 piect ginger, inch long, grated
- 1 pinch asafetida / hing
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 cups Nachani / finger millet flour
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons curd
- 7 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup wheat flour
- Heat oil. Fry mustard seeds, hing, urad dal, green chillies, curry leaves, grated ginger, onions and peas.
- Once onion is done, add spice powders and salt.
- Add roasted flours, curd and sugar. Mix well.
- Add boiling water gradually while stirring to avoid lump formation.
- Cover and steam cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve nachani ukad pindi hot.