Echorer Torkari is tender, unripe green jackfruit cooked in Bengali style. This is a delicious dry dish that goes well with rice.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, cubed
- 500 grams raw Jackfruit, cut into cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick, inch long
- 6 -7 pods garlic pods, crushed
- 1 big sized onion, chopped
- 2 medium potato, cut into medium sized cubes
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 2 -3 red chilies
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 tablespoons curd
- 2 pinches sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Fry potato cubes with little salt and turmeric powder and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker, in little oil - sauté bay leaves, whole red chili, whole garam masala, onion, garlic paste and ginger.
- Add jackfruit cubes, paste of cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sugar, curd and 2 cups warm water, and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Add garam masala powder.
- Serve Echorer Torkari with plain rice.