Traditional sweet crispy snack from Tamil Nadu made especially during festivals and special occasions. You need a flower shaped mould to prepare this dish.
- 1 kilogram Raw Rice
- Oil - to deep fry
- 2 cups Thick Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
- 3/4 kilogram Sugar
- Wash, soak the raw rice for 1.5 hours, drain water and allow to dry.
- Once dry make smooth powder. Sieve to make it finer
- Mix sugar with coconut milk. Slowly add the rice flour to make smooth batter
- Add sesame seeds and water to make consistent batter (thinner than dosa batter)
- Heat oil and place the mould till hot.
- Carefully remove mould from hot oil and dip 3/4th of the mould in batter.
- Now, hold the mould in hot oil and gently shake it so that the murukku releases from the mould
- Fry until golden brown.
- Store Achu Murukku in an dry air tight container once completely cooled.