Manoharam is a traditional Tamil recipe prepared during special occasions or festivals. A dough, made with rice, urad dal salt, cumin, butter and hing is deep fried (thenkuzhal) and then added to jaggery syrup.
- Category: Recipes for Kids, Snacks Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 6 Thenkuzhal (savory rice crispies), crushed into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Crushed jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons Rice flour
- Dissolve jaggery in half a cup of water and strain.
- Heat jaggery to make a syrup.
- Add cardamom powder and crushed thenkuzhal. Mix well.
- Pat your hands in rice flour and make balls out of the mixture.
- Enjoy sweet and crunchy manoharam.