Mixed grain and legume flour pudding
It is a popular food in ladakh. It is made from yoches or Paba flour. It is 85% barley /wheat flour along with local mix of legemue – peas, broad beans, lathyrus flour. Kosnyot (local caraway) powder to enhance taste and digestibility. Traditioanlly cooked on special stone -doltok
- Yoches (mix of barley flour and legume flour)
- Caraway seeds
- Add little flour to water, salt and caraway seeds and bring to boil.
- Add yoches slowly on top of boiling water. Dont stir.
- Remove excess water. Stir constantly using wooden spatula till dough like consistency.
- Allow flour to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold along with vegetables or milk/curd or Tsamik (corriander/mint, radish chutney) or Tangthur (green vegetable with yogurt)