Long yard beans cooked in roasted coconut gravy
- 2 cups Long yard beans, cut as lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 5 Dry red chillies, broken
- Few Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 cup Tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- Heat a tsp of oil and roast coconut until it turns dark brown. Add coriander seeds, 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds, 3 dry red chillies and fry until the spices are roasted well.
- Grind this roasted mixture to a fine paste, adding enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté long yard beans for few minutes
- Add tamarind extract, turmeric powder, salt and curry leaves. Cook for few minutes.
- Add the ground paste and cook for few minutes.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds, remaining fenugreek seeds and 2 broken chillies and add this tempering to the curry.
- Serve Achinga payar theeyal hot with rice.