Ethakka Tholi Mezhukkupuratti is a Kerala style stir fry, made with raw plantain peel. It is a great accompaniment to rice.
- 2 medium sized Raw banana peel (ethakka tholi), washed and cut into 1.5 inch strips.
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pepper powder
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil
- Cook raw banana peel with enough water and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cooked peel, few curry leaves and pepper powder and fry for 5 – 10 minutes
- Serve Ethakka tholi mezhukkupuratti hot with rice.