Green garlic is a seasonal food item and generally available during winter. Pickling has been technique used for storing seasonal foods. This recipe of Hare lehsun ka achar (हरे लहसुन का अचार) or green garlic pickle is simple recipe of pickling green garlic.
- 500 grams Hara Lahsun / Green garlic
- 1/2 cup Mustard oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds, dry roasted
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, dry roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Amchur powder / raw mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Hing / asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain / carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalonji / black cumin seeds
- Wash and clean green garlic. Remove root and skin above stem. Separate stems and green leaves. Alllow to dry.
- Chop green garlic leaves and keep aside. Grind garlic stems coarsely without water.
- Grind mustard seeds and coriander seeds to fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add hing/asafoetida.
- On low flame, add red chilli powder and ground masala powder.Saute for few seconds.
- Add ground garlic stems. Cook for half minute.
- Add chopped garlic greens. Mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix well.
- At last, add ajwain and black cumins. Mix well.
- Allow to cool and store in clean air tight glass jar.
- Serve hare lehsun ka achar with paratha.