Kale chane ki kadhi
Yogurt based curry with whole black chickpeas
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Rajasthani Recipes, Soup Recipes
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil, for tempering
- 1 mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 cup Black Chickpea (Chana), washed & soaked overnight
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 cup yogurt
- Pressure cook soaked chana with 1.5 cup of water until cooked.
- In a bowl, add yogurt, chickpea flour, turmeric powder, water, salt and whisk well to make batter without lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dried red chilies, fenugreek seeds, and asafoetida.
- Add yogurt mixture to it, and well. Now add boiled chana and, mix well.
- Stir continuously until it boils.
- Let it cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or bajra roti