Lentil fritters in light sour curry
- 2 cups split red lentils, washed and soaked in water for an hour
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon paaas puron
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 pieces thekera (or kokum), soaked in water for hour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 pinches turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
- Grind the soaked lentils with 1/2 cup water. Add pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil. Deep fry dumplings of lentil paste and cook till golden crispy on all sides. Drain excess oil.
- In another pan heat oil. Splutter pass puron, red chilli and bay leaf. Add onion and thekera pieces. Saute till onions are soft and transparent.
- Add water and simmer for a minute. Add flour paste to make curry thick.
- Add boras / fritters to the hot curry before serving.
- Serve Thekera tengar joolot dailor bor with rice.