Kandhamal Kachi Haldi doodh
‘Kandhamal Haldi’, a variety of turmeric indigenous to southern Odisha, has earned the Geographical indication (GI) tag from Intellectual Property India, an organisation functioning under the auspices of the Union ministry of commerce & industry. This turmeric has superior medicinal benefits. Golden milk made from this turmeric is easiest way of having its benefits.
- Category: Beverage Recipes, Oriya Recipes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 piece Kandhamal Haldi, kachi, half inch long
- 1 piece ginger / adrak, half inch long
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Bring milk to boil.
- Add sugar, grated turmeric and ginger.
- Simmer for few minutes.
- Serve kandhamal haldi doodh hot.