Gram flour dumplings in lentil and curd gravy
- 3/4 cup Besan
- 1/8 teaspoon Carom Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tablespoon Curd
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups Curd
- 1 tablespoon Besan
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida/ Hing
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Curry Leaves, sprig
- 1 teaspoon Chilly Powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Leaves
- Salt-to taste
- Knead besan with carom seeds, salt, curd, red chilli powder and oil into stiff dough for gatta.
- Make cylindrical rolls of 1-2 cm diameter. Steam them. Allow to cool and cut in inch long pieces. Keep aside.
- Whisk curd with 1/2 cup water and besan.
- Heat ghee. Splutter cumin, mustard, hing and curry leaves. Add turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add curd mixture and bring to boil. Adjust taste with salt and consistency with water. Keep stirring.
- Add gate, coriander leaves and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve Gatte ki kadhi along with rice.