Curry made from coconut and carom seeds.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons carom seeds / ajwain
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- 15 black pepper
- 2 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic (with skin)
- 4 pieces Kokum / Vonti sol
- Dry roast carom seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chillies and black pepper.
- Grind along with coconut, onion, garlic and kokum to fine paste.
- Heat oil. Stir fry mixture. Add water to make gravy. Bring to boil and simmer.
- Add tempering as required. Serve Nivole hot along with rice.