Nearly extinct sweet Mangalorean preparations made from rice
- 1 cup raw rice, soaked
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 1/2 cup cashewnuts
- Grind soaked rice, coconut milk, cardamom powder, jaggery and water into coarse paste. Adjust water to make thin batter.
- Pour batter in greased pan along with nuts and rasins.
- Heat pan while stirring continuously till batter thickens and separates.
- Flatten the batter on greased plate with fingers. Allow to set. Cut in desried shapes.