Karikku payasam is a simple and delicious pudding made with tender coconut.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1 cup Karikku / tender coconut pulp
- 1 cup Tender coconut water
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ghee
- 3 Cashew nuts, chopped
- Few strands Saffron
- Blend tender coconut water and half of the tender coconut pulp in a blender. Keep aside.
- Chop remaining tender coconut pulp into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat milk and add condensed milk and sugar. Mix well.
- Add blended coconut mixture and chopped tender coconut pieces. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts until light golden.
- Add fried cashew nuts and saffron strands to the pudding.
- Serve Karikku payasam warm or chilled.