Mochai Kottu is simple recipe of boiled field beans cooked with minimal spices. Extremely simple and quick to make and tastes great as a side dish.
- Category: Chettinad Recipes, Tamil Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Mochai / fresh field beans
- 1/2 cup Moong dal
- 3 teaspoons fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 5 curry leaves
- Pressure cook beans along with water for 3 whistles. Drain excess water.
- Add moong dal, onions and chilli powder to cooked beans and pressure cook with a cup of water for another 1 whistle.
- Add salt, coconut and mix well.
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Temper this with hot oil and fried cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve Mochai Kootu along with rice.