Peas and puffed lotus seeds / fox nuts cooked in spicy gravy made from tomatoes and onion.
- 1 cup Makhana / Puffed Lotus Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Matar / Green peas
- 1 Onion, medium - pureed
- 2 Tomato - medium sized, pureed
- Ginger, inch long finely chopped
- 2 Garlic, cloves finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Salt- As per your taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori Methi
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Green Coriander Leaves- Few for garnishing
- Heat oil and roast makhana till crispy and golden. Keep makahana aside.
- In the same hot oil, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger, garlic, onion and roast for 2 minutes. Mix well.
- Add tomoto puree and mix. Continue heating for 2 minutes
- Add remaining spices and continue heating for 3-5 minutes
- Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Add green peas and mix well. Cook for 7-8 minutes till peas are tender
- Add makhana and mix. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish and serve matar makhana curry with roti / rice