Sugar syrup soaked flour balls stuffed with rose petal jam
- 2 cups khowa/ khoya
- 1 cup maida
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cream
- 1/3 cup gulkand / rose petal jam
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- Few strands saffron
- Dissolve sugar in water and boil till it forms syrup over low heat. Flavour sugar syup with rose water, saffron and cardamom. Keep aside.
- Mix khoya with maida and salt. Add cream and make soft dough. Res for few minutes.
- Make small balls of dough. Flatten a bit and stuff with chilled gulkand. Cover again and roll into balls.
- Deep fry in hot ghee till dark brown on all sides. Drain excess ghee.
- Soak jamun balls in sugar syrup till it soaks all syrup.
- Serve gulkand gulab jamuns garnished with rose petals and nuts.