Typical monsoon snack, fritters from onion enjoyed along with hot tea
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 4 green chillies, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix onions with salt and leave for 10 minutes. Discard the onion juices.
- Mix onions with besan, green chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. to make thick batter.
- Heat oil. Add spoonful of batter into hot oil. Fry till crispy and golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Serve Kandi Bhaji hot with tamarind chutney.