Kothimbir che Varan
Kothimbir che varan or Coriander dal is a delicious and healthy dish prepared with pulses, coriander leaves and a few spices. It goes well with rice or roti.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 -3 garlic cloves sliced
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green moong chilka dal
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies whole
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- Cook dal with turmeric powder and asafoetida in a pressure cooker until soft and mushy.
- Heat clarified butter in a pan and sauté green chillies, garlic and coriander leaves.
- Pour the cooked dal into the pan, add salt and lemon juice and boil for a few minutes.
- Heat clarified butter in a skillet and add the tempering ingredients. Pour this tempering over the dal.
- Enjoy kothimbir che varan with hot rice/bhaat or chapati.