Polya Kheeri is a traditional recipe made in Konkan region. This recipe is combination of two popular recipes Polo (dosa) and Kheeri (kheer or payasam). Rice dosas are dunked in milk kheer to make this recipe.
- 1 cup Red raw rice, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1 cup Jaggery, grated
- 1 cup coconut milk (first extract)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (second extract)
- 4 cardamom, crushed
- Drain and grind rice to smooth dosa like consistency
- Make tiny coin sized dosa on hot pan. Keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup in another pan, by heating without any water.
- Add second extract of coconut milk to syrup and bring to boil.
- Add cup of first extract of coconut milk. Mix and simmer.
- Allow Kheeri to cool and dunk tiny dosas.
- Polya Kheeri is ready!