Valval is a popular konkani recipe made with coconut milk and lots of vegetables. This creamy curry goes well with steamed rice and is very similar to Avial from Kerala. It is also known as Yogiratna and often cooked with minimal or no spices. Traditionally it is cooked with ashgourd, pumpkin, ivygourd, sweet pumpkin and other similar vegetables.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Konkani Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 cup Ash gourd/ kuvale, chopped in cubes
- 1 cup Pumpkin / dhudhi, chopped in cubes
- 1/2 cup Arbi / Mande, chopped in cubes
- 1/2 cup Potato / kook, cubed
- Few Cashews halves
- 1/4 cup Long beans / chevli, inch long cuts
- 4 -5 Green chillis, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Boil all vegetables in second extract of coconut milk without adding any water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook until vegetables are almost cooked
- Add thick first extract of coconut milk,
- Pour hot coconut oil along with some hing.
- Serve Valval along with steamed rice