Makhana has lot of health benefits. It is free from gluten and hence often used as food for fasting. This recipe adds benefits of makhana in paratha.
- Category: Baking Recipes, North Indian
- 1 cup flour - Amaranth / Jowar / Wheat, as per choice
- 1 cup Makhana / Foxnuts, or more
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/4 Jeera / cumin seed powder
- 2 tablespoons green leaves, chopped - Coriander / methi / spinach, as per availability
- Rock salt, as per taste
- Roast Makhana with little ghee till they are crispy. Keep aside and allow to cool
- Once cool, grind to fine powder.
- Now to this add flour, spices and green leaves.
- With little water knead to soft dough. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes
- With lemon sized balls, roll into flat bread.
- Cook on hot tawa / skillet from both sides till cooked. Grease with ghee.
- Serve makhana paratha hot with curd / sabji