Manjal Irre dha Gatti or adiye is a Manglorean dish. Turmeric leaves or Manjal Irre is key ingredient in making Gatti (or dumpling). It is similar to Patholi (konkani) or Patolya (marathi). These sweet steamed dumpling are delicacy and turmeric leaves leaves its delicious aroma.
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups jaggery powdered
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 8 turmeric leaves, cleaned with water
- Dry roast coconut in pan. Add jaggery, cardamom powder and mix well. Keep this mixture aside.
- Make rice dough by mixing rice flour and salt with little warm water.
- On a clean turmeric leaf surface, place a two inch ball of rice dough. Spread with fingers to form thin layer over leaf.
- Place spoonful of mixture and spread over it.
- Fold the leaf in half and seal from sides.
- Steam the turmeric leaf packets for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, unwrap the leaves and serve Manjal Irre dah gatti.