Daal Shukno is a simple, yet delicious Bengali dish prepared with red lentils. It is a wonderful combination with rice.
- 3 cups Cooked masoor dal
- 3 tablespoons Tamarind pulp
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 2 Dried red chillies, toasted or fried
- Heat cooked dal until all the water evaporates.
- Adjust taste with tamarind paste, green chillies, salt and sugar. Cook for 2 min.
- Serve Daal Shukno with rice, along with a generous spoonful of mustard oil and dried red chillies by its side.