Sweet balls made from raw turmeric, jaggery and nuts. Nutrient dense and ideal for cold winters.
- 500 grams Raw turmeric
- 100 grams Almonds
- 100 grams Cashews nuts
- 50 grams Raisins
- 1/2 cup watermelon seeds
- 50 grams Walnut
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 150 grams Makhana / puffed lotus seeds
- 10 Pistachios
- 500 grams Jaggery
- 3 tablespoons Clarified Butter / ghee
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper Powder
- Peel and grate raw turmeric. Protect hand from colouring.
- Heat about 1.5 tsp ghee and roast dry fruits till slight crunchy. Take out and keep aside.
- Grind coarsely almonds, cashews, rasins, walnuts and lotus seeds. Keep aside.
- In pan, heat oil and roast grated turmeric. Cook on medium flame for 10-15 minutes till raw flavour goes away and oil separates. Remove turmeric and keep aside.
- Add jaggery and make syrup. Add remaining ghee. Continue heating till uniform consistency.
- Stop heating. Add powdered dry nuts to jaggery syrup. Mix well.
- Add roasted turmeric to jaggery mix. Add coconut and black pepper. Mix well. Add whole roasted watermelon seeds. Mix well.
- Once little cold and can be handled by hand, make round balls.
- Serve kachi haldi ke ladoo.