Thandai / Sardai
Milk flavoured with fennel seeds, almonds and other spices. Mahashivratri and Holi are incomplete without thandai.
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Beverage Recipes, Uttar Pradesh Recipes
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Sugar to taste
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in warm milk
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 7 green whole cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons white poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoons watermelon seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- mint leaves, for garnish
- Nuts and ice cubes for garnish
- Soak almonds, cashews, fennel, poppy, pumpkin seeds, cardamom & black peppercorn in water overnight.
- Grind along with rose water and mint leaves to smooth paste.
- Blend milk with cream, saffron, sugar and this paste.
- Garnish with nuts and serve Thandai chilled.