Rice dumpling soaked in flavoured milk. It is offered as food to Lord Jagannath in Odisha.
- Category: Oriya Recipes
- 2 cups Rice flour
- 2 liters milk
- 1 fresh coconut, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Bring 2 cups water to boil. Add rice flour to boiling water while stirring. Add salt and keep stirring to form dough. Allow to cool.
- Take piece of dough in roll into oval balls. Keep aside.
- Boil milk. Add cardamom powder, sugar and raisins to it. Stir and heat till reduced to half.
- Place rice balls into milk. Heat for 5 mnutes.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve Khira Gaintha