Ulundhorai / Ulundhu Sadam is a very popular dish of Tamil Nadu that is health and nutritious. It is a simple recipe that can be put together easily with just a few ingredients. This dish is usually served with ellu thogayal/ sesame seeds chutney.
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons Split urad dhal
- 1 1/2 cups Boiled milk
- 2 tablespoons Grated dry coconut / grated fresh coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafetida
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- Few Cashews
- 4 Dry red chillies
- Few Curry leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee and roast urad dhal until golden brown.
- Add curry leaves, asafetida and grated dry coconut and sauté for a while. Grind the mixture into a coarse powder.
- Cook ground powder along with milk and salt until it becomes a paste.
- Add this paste to the cooked rice.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee, fry cashews, dry chillies and curry leaves and add it to the rice. Mix well.
- Serve Ulundhorai with sesame chutney and fried appalam.