Makhana Chivda is a quick and easy savory snack made with makhana, dry fruits, peanuts, and spices.
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 2 cups lotus seeds / makhana
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup roasted gram dal
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 20 curry leaves
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup dried coconut, chipped
- Roast makhana and coconut separately in little oil. Keep aside.
- Add remaining oil. Fry green chillies, curry leaves peanuts, dry fruits till they turn crisp.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar. Add makhana and mix well.
- Store makhana chivda in airtight container