Rice rawa cooked in jaggery syrup. Made as an offering to God on Thiruvathirai.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Rice Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Arisi / Raw Rice
- 2 tablespoons Pasai Parupu / Moong Dal
- 1 1/4 cups Jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 tablespoon Broken Cashews, ghee roasted
- Dry roast dal and rice till golden. Cool and coarsely grind. Keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup by heating jaggery with water.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to jaggery syrup and bring to boil. Add cardamom powder and broken rice. Keep stirring. Cover and cook for 10 minutes till water is all absorbed.
- Serve Thiruvathirai Kali along with thalagam.