Vegetables and rawa cooked in pudding consistency
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Rice Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Rava / Semolina
- 3/4 cup assorted vegetables (potatoes, carrots and peas), finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 pinch Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cashews, few
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil. Splutter curry leaves, mustard seeds and green chillies. Fry onion and ginger, till onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes along with turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Add assorted vegetables. Mix. Add 2 cup water and bring to boil. Cook covered till vegetables are cooked.
- Add water and rawa gradually while stirring. Cook covered for 4-5 minutes till rawa is cooked.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and cashews. Serve Rava kichdi hot along with some ghee.