Ambe Daal is a special Maharashtrian dish commonly prepared during the month of Chaithra. It is prepared with raw mangoes and chana dal, which gives it a distinctive tanginess and taste.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1 cup chana daal, soaked for about 5 - 6 hours
- 1/2 cup raw mango, grated
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Fresh scraped coconut for garnishing
- Grind soaked chana daal with green chilli and ginger to form a coarse paste.
- Add grated raw mango, salt, sugar and chopped coriander to daal mixture and mix.
- Make a tempering of mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder and pour it over the daal mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh scraped coconut.
- Serve Ambe daal as a snack or side dish.