The Naga chili or Naga Mircha is chilli available in Northeast India. It is one of the hottest known chilli peppers. This recipe is about pickle made from these hot peppers.
- 20 pieces Naga Chilli
- 1 teaspoon paach phoran / 5 spice seeds, powdered
- 2 teaspoons Tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups Mustard Oil
- 1/2 cup garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Add all garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add paach phoran seeds, chilies and tamarind paste. Stir.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice and sugar. Stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store Naga Morich Er Achar in airtight container.