Gajar ki kheer
Carrot cooked in reduced sweet milk flavoured with saffron and garnished with nuts.
This is a flowy variant of gajar ka halwa and simple dessert.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, North Indian
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 Carrot, large and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Few strands Saffron / Kesar, soaked in 1 tbsp milk
- 1 pinch Green cardamom powder
- 5 almonds, blanched
- 5 Pistachios blanched
- Heat ghee. Roast grated carrot for 5-10 minutes till carrot is cooked.
- Add milk and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add sugar, soaked saffron and cardamom powder. Stir and continue to simmer until milk is thick and creamy.
- Add almonds and pistachios. Stir and serve Gajar ki kheer hot.