Mochai Milagu Masala
Mochai Milagu Masala is stir fried field beans cooked along with coconut and peppercorns. It has a good blend of creamy beans flavour with coconut and spicy pepper. Mochai Milagu Masala serves a good side dish for dosa or rice.
- Category: Chettinad Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Tamil Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 cup Mochai / dry field beans, soaked in water overnight
- 1 onion, choppped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 garlic podes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut, fresh grated
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch Hing
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves
- Pressure cook mochai with little water for 3-4 whistles. Keep aside.
- Grind coconut along with peppercorns, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and garlic. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till it changes colour.
- Add tomatoes and fry till little soft.
- Add cooked beans along turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Continue heating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cococnut paste. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve Mochai Milagu Masala hot with rice.