Pink bean curry with coconut and spices
- 1 cup pink beans, soaked overnight and pressure cooked
- 1 cup Coconut, grated
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 10 peppercorns
- 10 cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- Dry roast red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, and cloves. Blend into coarse powder.
- Dry roast garlic and coconut till slight brown. Blend along with masala powder into smooth paste with cup of water.
- Heat oil. Fry onions till light brown. Fry tamarind paste and masala paste. Add water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for five minutes and add beans along with cup of water. Adjust taste with salt. Bring to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, and serve Goan Feijoada hot with rice.