Festive sweet dish made from bengal gram and jaggery
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour / Maida
- 1 pinch Turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Chana dal
- 1/2 cup tur dal
- 1 cup powdered Jaggery
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Knead dough using maida, salt, ghee and water. Rest for 15 minutes.
- Pressure cook dal till soft. Once cool, strain and grind along with jaggery into fine paste. Add cardamom powder to paste.
- Roll dough into flat bread. Stuff puran / filing, cover and roll again.
- Bake stuffed bread on tawa greased with ghee till golden on both sides.
- Serve puran poli smeared with ghee along with ghee or milk.