Delicious pudding made with ripe jackfruit and jaggery
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 10 Ripe Jackfruit bulbs, pureed
- 1/4 cup Sago, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger powder
- 14 Whole cashews
- 3 tablespoons Coconut pieces
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Heat 1 tbsp. ghee and fry coconut pieces and cashew nuts until it become golden brown. Keep aside.
- Prepare jaggery syrup by boiling jaggery in water.
- Cook sago in 1/2 cup water till translucent.
- Cook pureed jackfruit, sago and strained jaggery syrup for about 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1 cup of water and cook until the volume reduces.
- Add 1/2 cup thick coconut milk and bring to boil. Add cardamom powder, cumin powder, and milk. Bring to boil.
- Add fried nuts along with ghee into payasam.
- Serve Chakka payasam warm.