Chikkudukaya Vepudu is recipe from Andhra Pradesh made from stir frying broad beans with spices and minimal cooking.
- 2 cups Broad beans, cleaned, destringed and cut into desired size.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 dry red chillies
- 10 Garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Pressure cook with turmeric powder and water for 2-3 whistles. Once cool, drain beans and keep aside.
- Grind dry red chillies, garlic cloves and sesame seeds to coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add boiled beans and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add sesame paste and mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Chikkudukaya Vepudu hot with roti.