Potato and gram based fried, crispy snack
- Category: North Indian, Potato Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 3 medium-large Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Besan/ Gram Flour
- Pinch of Ajwain / Carom Seeds crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Heat oil. Stir fry mashed potatoes along with ajwain, asafoetida, salt and chilli powder. Mix well.
- Knead this mixture along with gram flour and 1-2 tsp oil to smooth dough.
- Extrude dough from sev press into hot oil. Deep fry sev till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Once cool, store Aloo Bhujiya / sev in air tight container.