Spicy rice cooked with spinach and corn gravy
- 2 cups Basmati rice, washed and pressure cooked
- 1 Bunch Spinach / Palak, cleaned and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Kernels, boiled/steamed
- 1 Onion, large size, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 2 piece ginger, small
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasoori methi / dried methi leaves
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Make spinach puree by boiling and grinding spinach.
- Heat oil. Fry cumin seeds, asafoetida, onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies till onion are soft.
- Add powder spices - turmeric powder, red chilli powder and crushed kasoori methi. Mix well.
- Add boiled corn and spinach puree. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add steamed rice and mix till rice is coated with spinach mixture.
- Serve Palak Makai Pulao hot with curd.