Thadal is a cooling and energizing drink, used by the wrestlers in Punjab region. The drink keep the wrestlers liver cool during fights and exercises. The drink is prepared using ground char magaz, dry fruits, pepper and almonds.
- 1 1/2 liters Water
- 300 gms Sugar
- 250 milliliters Milk
- 20 Almonds
- 1 teaspoon Tarbooz beej / watermelon seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kharbooza beej / Cantaloupes seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon saunf / fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Ilaychi Powder / cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Khashkhas / poppy seeds
- 10 Kali Mirch/ black pepper grounded
- 20 dried/fresh Rose Petals
- Soak the sugar in about half liter water.
- Clean all the ingredients & soak them in 2 cup water. Allow it to soak for 3 hrs.
- Grind the soaked ingredients to smooth paste.
- Mix paste with 3 cups water, sugar, milk and rose water. Mix well.
- Serve thandal chilled.