Jack fruit seeds and bamboo shoot curry
- 20 Kothal guti/ jackfruit seeds, washed, sun dried and peeled
- 1/4 cup Masoor dal, soaked for an hour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons Kol Khaar or a pinch of soda-bi-carbonate
- 1/2 Omita/papaya, cut into cubes
- 1 small fresh Bamboo shoot, cut lengthwise
- 2 Green chilly
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chilly, some ginger& garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add jackfruit seeds, masoor dal, papaya, bamboo shoots and salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add water and cook for some time on medium heat.
- Add kol khaar and cook until done.
- Add the remaining ginger+garlic paste and a few drops of raw mustard oil.
- Serve Kothalguti aru Bahgajor Khaar hot