Quick green mango pickle in tamil way
- Category: Pickle Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Urad Dal (Black gram)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tablespoon Dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric root
- 2 tablespoons Green mango
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Palm jaggery
- Heat sesame oil oil in pan.
- Once hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal (black gram), asafoetida, slivered turmeric root, slivered ginger, chopped garlic, curry leaves and dried fenugreek leaves. Saute briskly for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add green mangoes, crushed palm jaggery, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Saute for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Allow the mangoes to sweat and cook in its own moisture.
- Serve hot or refrigerated as side dish.