Nanakusa gayu is a type of rice porridge prepared with seven herbs.
- Salt to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- A few sprigs Water dropwort, chopped
- A few sprigs Bittercress, chopped
- A few sprigs Cudweed, chopped
- A few sprigs Fish mint, chopped
- A few sprigs Chickweed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 300 grams Cooked rice
- Boil rice in 1 litre of water.
- Once the rice reaches the right consistency, add soy sauce, sesame oil and salt. Simmer for a minute.
- Turn off the stove and add greens. Mix well.
- Serve Nanakusa gayu hot with some toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top.